PRACTICESBusiness, Commercial, Employment Law
Real Estate, Commercial Leasing
Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
Estate Planning & Administration
Land Use, Zoning, and Development
Georgetown University Law Center
- Adjunct Faculty, Columbia Law School, 2011 - Present
- Adjunct Professor, Georgetown University Law Center , 1992 - Present
- Professor, Institute for International Mediation and Conflict Resolution, 1998 - Present
- Professor, Business Law and Real Property Law, University of Maryland , University College , 1979 - 1981
- Instructor, Multiple Continuing Legal Education Courses in Real Estate and Business, 1975 - Present
- Author & Lecturer for several Georgetown University Law School Continuing Education Programs, 1982 - Present
- Maryland, 1974
- District of Columbia, 1975
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland, 1975
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, 1975
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit, 1975
- Supreme Court of the United States, 1978
Douglas M. Bregman (L'74): Making a Difference08/09/2018 | https://www.law.georgetown.edu/news/douglas-m-bregman-l74-making-a-difference/
Bregman, Berbert, Schwartz & Gilday Receives 2014 Local and National Ranking Among Best Law01/29/2015
Bregman, Berbert, Schwartz & Gilday has been recognized in the 2014 edition of the U.S. News & World Report "Best Law Firm" rankings both nationally and in the Washington, DC area.
Is There Tort Liability for a Flawed Title Search?July 2013 | Maryland Bar Journal
Article by Douglas M. Bregman examining whether a title insurer can be held vicariously liable for its agents' negligence in conducting a title search, in view of the case of Colubia Town Center Title Company vs. 100 Investment Limited Partnership.
Mediation of Real Estate DisputesNovember 2012 | The Practical Real Estate Lawyer
Article by Douglas M. Bregman disussion how to prepare for and participate in the mediation of a real estate dispute.
The Mediation of Real Estate Disputes; Presentation to ACREL 2012 Annual MeetingJanuary 2012
Presentation by Douglas Bregman to the American College of Real Estate Lawyers, 2012 Annual Meeting, describing the mediation process as applied to real estate disputes.
Historic Perspective of the Modern Landlord and Tenant RelationshipMarch 2010
Article by Douglas M. Bregman reviewing the history of the landlord-tenant relationship.
Wind Farm Leasing.Summer 2009 | Real Property Section, Maryland State Bar Association
Article by Douglas M. Bregman discussing the leasing of property for use as energy wind farms. The increasing use of windpower is not just a lot of hot air. Obtaining the land on which to place the turbines can be a clouded undertaking.